It's been a hot week in Marblehead, Massachusetts.
- Police responded to a report of vessels firing cannons at each other on the harbor last Friday around 11:30 a.m. in honor of "Pirate Day." Arrrrrr!
- Officers took a report of a person locked in the dump on Saturday around 4 p.m. I have heard of "Down in the dumps" but this takes the cake.
- A driver saw a boat cushion fly out of a boat that was being towed in the area of West Shore Drive on Friday around 6:30 p.m. The driver took the cushion to the police station.
- Police took a report of a driver that was approached while driving on Stramski Way by a black Mercedes, the driver of which got out of the car and asked if the caller wanted to get "[sic] up" and then hit the car with his fist on Friday around 10:30 p.m.
- Someone called police to report teens drinking and peeing on the street in the area of Humphrey Street and Sevinor Road on Saturday around midnight. Officers found teens that said they had just left a graduation party. We only tossed our caps in the air.
- Police took a report of a snapping turtle in the middle of the street on West Shore Drive on Tuesday around 7 a.m. The turtle made it onto someone's lawn. I wouldn't want to be the owner of THAT lawn.
- A landscaper called police to report a woman harassing him on Wednesday around 2:30 p.m. in the area of Bayview Road, following him and filming him, saying he's killing the bees. Apicide isn't encouraged, but neither is stalking.
- XXX, 73, of Everett, was arrested on charges of lewd, wanton, and lascivious conduct on Wednesday after police were called to Ocean Avenue on a report of a man fondling himself on the beach.