Busy couple of days in Marblehead for the constabulary.
- Someone stole Santa: A Johns Road resident reported that he had heard a noise outside on Friday night, and when he looked out his 3-foot tall plastic Santa was taken. Santa was not recovered. Thousands of children have now had their Christmases irretrievably destroyed.
- Officers responded to Prince Street on Sunday, Dec. 11, on a call of a Toyota that hit three parked cars around 8 a.m.
- Someone called police last Monday around 7 p.m. to report the Christmas lights at the lighthouse on Lighthouse Lane were out. The bulb-snatcher must have been in the vicinity.
- A car accident on Wednesday around 8 p.m. shut down Lafayette Street for roughly half an hour. No injuries were reported.
- Someone reported a 14K gold open link bracelet lost sometime last week, possibly in the area of Jersey Street.
- A caller reported being woken from a "deep sleep" by the burglary alarm around 3 a.m. on Friday on Ida Road. She locked herself and her daughter in her bedroom until police arrive. Officers didn't find anyone in the home.
- Salem Hospital requested police check on a patient who "took off with the IV in her arm" for her own safety around 3 a.m. on Friday. Officers found that the woman was fine.
- Mr X, 30, of Lynn was arrested on charges of speeding and unlicensed driving after a traffic stop on Ocean Avenue on Friday afternoon.
- Someone reported on Friday around 4 p.m. that a $50 laser light show was taken from their yard on Sewall Street.That bulb-snatcher must have been very busy.
- Two men allegedly punched a car window as it was making a right turn on a green light near School Street on Friday around 5 p.m. One of the men was walking a dog and had a beard and blue hoodie, according to the driver. Police report no damage was done to the car.
- Mr Y, 25, of Salem, was arrested on charges of assault with a deceptive weapon device after he allegedly showed an air soft gun during an incident on Pleasant Street on Sunday around 1:30 a.m.