Here we go again. As one lady found out, Google is your friend.
- Someone called police on Thursday around 11 a.m. to report a car that had "hovered" around the caller's property. The caller followed the car to Nanepashemet Street where the people got out and started jogging, which the caller found suspicious. Police found the joggers were friends of the caller's neighbor. The moral of the story: don't let your houseguests jog.
- Someone walked into the police station to turn in a knapsack that fell off the back of a motorcycle as it was turning last Thursday around 5 p.m.
- Police responded to a report of a suspicious white bag or package on Atlantic Avenue on Friday around 2 p.m. Officers found it was a bag of leftovers. Obviously, must be leftovers. They were left.
- Officers took a report of a trash barrel on Village Street with a note for the trash men to take the barrel because there was a dead animal inside. The caller said the barrel was crawling with maggots. Hope you're not eating a meal.
- A sailboat capsized in the harbor on Sunday around 2 p.m., stranding four teen passengers in lifejackets on a rock. The Harbormaster picked them up. I read the story around this. The water was quite choppy so the Harbourmaster used an inflatable to reach the teens. A very fine effort!
- Police responded to a report of an older driver in a white Mercedes who got stuck on the beach on Gas House Lane on Sunday around 9 p.m. when "looking for 114." 114 is the number of the fastest route out of town. Just sayin'.
- Officers took a report of a swastika graffiti'd on the softball field on Humphrey Street on Monday around 11 a.m. This is serious stuff, and the constabulary is following it up very well.
- Police took a report of a man in a gray car who reportedly pulled up alongside a woman walking in the area of Ocean Avenue, and told her he was an exhibitionist on Tuesday around 6 p.m. He asked if she "wanted to watch," and she told him she didn't know what he was talking about. The man told her to look it up, and when she did she said it was inappropriate, and he drove off. Most exhibitionists don't ask the permission of their victims. This one was quite kind, in a way. And Google was her friend.